The uses of simulation are limitless. Manufacturing, material handling, baggage handling, warehousing, supply chain, food processing, healthcare, shipping ports, and lean manufacturing implementation are just a few of the applications modeled within FlexSim. FlexSim provides the most graphical 3D, user-friendly simulation environment available on the market today.
- When planning a new system from the ground up, simulation permits a hypothetical system to be evaluated when it does not yet exist.
- Simulation provides an excellent means of communicating ideas by:
- providing a graphical representation of the system being studied,
- incorporating 3D animation that allows you to visualize the process. This provides greater understanding of the challenges and operating characteristics,
- integrating animation that allows management to view proposed changes and provides a means for greater buy-in by the management team.
- Simulation also provides an educational tool for teaching operators and process supervisors how the system will operate. Management, scheduling, maintenance, and operational strategies can be explored with increased understanding of the complex interactions that exist in the process’ systems. Simulation provides a method for learning how to use problem solving techniques.
There is no excuse not to take advantage of the benefits of simulation. Many who have questioned the values of simulation are amazed at the insights they have received with just a short modeling experience in FlexSim. Instead of spending time justifying simulation, more and more managers are recognizing that the rule should be to simulate every time. What you can potentially learn from gathering the data needed to create the simulation is often justification enough, let alone the insights gleaned from the actual simulation study.