Flexsim Warehouse Simulation Software
In general the handling in a warehouse does not add much value to a product. The majority of the processes consist of moving products from one location to another. Each movement takes time and therefore increases the cost due to personnel and equipment use. The number of movements and the distance are the biggest part of the operational costs in a warehouse. To reduce the cost, the number of product movements and the distance should be reduced.
Flexsim Warehouse Modeller (Flexsim WM) focuses on reducing operational costs, by:
- Improving process design and layout
- Defining variables and logic for WMS control
- Optimize and schedule the utilization of people and resources
The Flexsim Warehouse Simulation Software (FlexSim WM) is a simulation environment that is used for analyzing and optimizing warehouse processes. In combination with the TALUMIS expertise, the simulation models can be created very fast and accurate. These models are then used to analyze, improve and control the processes.
In short the Flexsim WM and TALUMIS expertise is used in:
- Implementation and detailing WMS systems
- Improvement of projects (define new layout and/or new work strategies)
- Controlling changes in order patterns or activities
- Finding optimal work schedules for pickers and operators
- Defining picking strategies
- Investigating the Return On Investment
- As a planning tool: Find out the number necessary